Mission Australia Centre (MAC) Kingswood
The Mission Australia Centre (MAC) in Kingswood brings together services supporting Western Sydney families in need, including those who are homeless or at risk of being so.
This purpose-built centre, which opened in 2012, has been designed to provide a safe, engaging and modern space for families.
The key Mission Australia services offered at the MAC, Kingswood are:
- Fairfax House, a family homelessness service
- St Marys/Penrith Family Day Care
- Families NSW Programs including Young Parents programs and schools based hubs
- Paint the Town REaD, a community literacy strategy
Our services aim to:
- Prevent families and children from falling into a cycle of homelessness
- Transition families from medium-term to long-term secure housing
- Support parents to improve their parenting skills
- Provide case management and counselling to help people manage complex personal issues
- Provide information to families and offer referral advice
- Connect families to the wider community
- Provide quality child care in the homes of registered educators.